Health & Safety
All new School of Social and Political (SAPS) staff, students and long term visitors must complete and sign off the following induction with the Health & Safety Representative before starting work in the office. Short term visitors are the responsibility of the person they are visiting, who must make them aware of evacuation procedure, assembly areas, emergency numbers, and any local hazards.
- Protocol: University Field Activities (PDF) definitions, scope, roles and responsibilities
|- Protocol: University Field Activities (PDF) definitions, scope, roles and responsibilities
- Field Activity Risk Matrix - Group (Word) examples that help determine the required documentation for group or individual field activity.
- Activity Leader: Health Declaration and Consent (Word) Provides UC with contact details, medical & dietary conditions, fitness to lead.
- Field Activity Plan (Word) hazard risk assessment and management, details such as time and location, emergency contacts and response, participant health, safety equipment.
- Checklist for Activity Leader: Field Activity Briefing (Word) per trip time, location and route, known hazards, emergency response plan, list of actual participants.
- Field Activity Participant Declaration and Consent (Word) Provides the field activity Leader with participant contact details, medical & dietary conditions, next of kin, H&S skills, and signoff on responsibilities and expectations.
- PhD Application to conduct research overseas (DOC, 60KB)
- Health and Safety Policy
- Emergency Procedures
- Health and Safety intranet site & H&S Toolkit - Staff, Students and registered Visitors only
- Event Report (Word) - for reporting Injury, Illness, Discomfort & Pain, Near Miss or other Incident
- Hazard Assessment and Control (Word)
- Health & Safety Toolkit for Staff, Students, Visitors